Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high (because the cloud is the limit), have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader.
So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our cloud security team and our mission to change the future of cloud security.
Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
● Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
● Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
● Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
● Founded and led by 8 architects and executives from Check Point and quickly joined by many senior engineers from Palo Alto and Check Point.
On a typical day you'll:
Be responsible for completing a thorough software and systems risk assessment, identifying vulnerabilities within a network, and creating firewall rules, hardenings, or configuring systems to enhance existing security features.
Is expected to respond to, and document, any security threats, resolve technical faults and allocate resources to deliver real solutions in a cost-effective way. They must also be proficient in:
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
- Documenting security certifications
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
- Threat intelligence
- Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organization
- Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Liaising with vendors to implement security solutions
- IT-related degree or certification
- At least 3 years of experience in similar positions.
- Knowledge and experience managing and deploying systems and processes similar to:
- Security protocols functionality
- Firewalls, URL filtering, email and domain protections
- EDR/EPP anti-malware products
- SIEM systems management and configurations
- Security incidents alerting and monitoring processes
- Incident Response processes
- Outstanding communication skills that go beyond “tech talk” – the ability to translate complex IT matters to those without an IT background
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Previous exposure to MAC, Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Coding languages: Python, Bash, Powershell' minimum knowledge is a must