Technology Alliance Partner Manager
Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and experienced partner sales professional to get the word out and join our mission to change the future of cloud security. At Orca, we’re proud of what we do and we always aim high. This, together with our belief in the power of teamwork, has quickly turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader (and a unicorn). Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
- Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
- Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
- Founded and led by 8 architects and executives from Check Point and quickly joined by many senior engineers from Palo Alto and Check Point.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Orca is a well-funded cloud security company experiencing explosive growth. We are expanding our alliances team to accelerate that growth even more. In the Technology Alliance Partner Sales Manager role you will have a phenomenal opportunity to assist in the management of our strategic relationships with technology partners to drive new paths to market.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building and monetizing strategic relationships, driving scalable programs in collaboration with external partners and internal teams, who is biased towards building repeatability and scalability through innovation, proactively seeking to improve commercial development achievements and partner experience, and is driven to make a measurable impact.
As a Technology Alliance Partner Sales Manager at Orca you will play a key role in growing and managing our business through our strategic Technology Alliance Partners with integrations, joint go-to-market activities and cosell motions. Success will depend on driving revenue with and through our Technology Alliance Partners with a combination of Business Development, Technical Marketing, and Channel development.
On a typical day you’ll:
- Lead day-to-day relationships and be the liaison between our Sellers and our Technical Alliance partners to advance mutual commercial development
- Generate and manage partner driven pipeline programs through proactive identifying opportunities across Technical Alliance partners, customers and prospects base.
- Understand the partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute partnership strategy focused on new sales and customer engagements.
- Understand who the key decision makers and influencers are at the partners, find areas for highest impact new business to both parties, and drive execution with the partner across functions – sales, marketing, and product.
- Work with the Technical Alliance Partner Managers, and Sales Teams at each partner and the head of Strategic Alliances on broader engagements with our various partners including Technical Alliance Partners, cloud partners, VAR and MxP.
- Identify commercial opportunities across our Technical Alliance Partners ecosystem using an account mapping sheet, create reports, forecast, and present to sales management to ensure meeting quarterly targets and optimizing the regional program.
- Coordinate the GTM execution and continuously manage alliance performance metrics and outcomes to improve the partnering efforts with our partners
- Work with partner marketing to create and improve partner-facing enablement materials and templates and educate our sales team on how to co-sell with Technical Alliance partners. Act as the point of contact to increase partner knowledge on Orca Security’s platform and proactively train partners in our core proposition, new use cases and new platform functionality.
- Solicit feedback from customers and prospects and work with product management to determine the set of features that will provide the highest value for customers and will win in the market
- Work with product and technical marketing teams to build clear and compelling messages about your features and products and bring a commercially successful product to market
- Regularly interact with engineering, marketing, and executives across the organization to present and defend product strategy.
- Develop customer benefits, pricing, competitive positioning, and sales training around the relationship between Orca and our Technical Alliance partners.
- 5+ years of experience working with Technical Alliance partners with a strong track record of success.
- 5+ years direct experience working for an enterprise security company
- Must have several years of security products expertise
- Prior experience working with various channel partners such as MSSP, OEM and Channel Marketing Partners
- Strong executive presence, including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences.
- Experience within Software and/or SaaS companies running Alliance Partnerships with a strong track record of success.
- Ability to work hands-on towards business outcomes individually and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Successful track record of developing, establishing and closing strategic partnerships in competitive environments