Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim, have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our R&D teams and our mission to change the future of cloud security. At Orca, we’re proud of what we do and we always aim high.
Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
● Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
● Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple and complete.
● Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
About the role
We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced Tech Lead to join our CTO office Innovation team. As an Innovation Tech Lead, you will be responsible for leading and executing innovative projects from brainstorming phase to proof of concept or minimum viable product (MVP) while working closely with our development teams to take the projects from proof of concept to production.
At Orca, we’re proud of what we do and we always aim high. We value individuals who are hands-on technical leaders with strong technical capabilities, problem solvers, and flexible in understanding customer needs and prioritizing accordingly.
As an Innovation Tech Lead, you will be part of the CTO office innovation team, working on innovative projects that drive new product features and solutions for Orca Security.
On a typical day, you’ll:
- Be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing innovative security solutions for our cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with the CTO and Innovation team to design, architect and deliver innovative products and features that address customer needs and drive business value.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, design, and engineering, to bring ideas from conception to delivery.
- Lead technical design and code reviews, ensuring that best practices are followed and that products are built to scale.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends, and explore their potential applications in the context of Orca’s products and services.
- Develop innovative security solutions to address potential risks and vulnerabilities in our customer’s cloud infrastructure.
- Design and implement security controls and mechanisms to protect our customer’s cloud infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate emerging cloud security technologies and tools.
- The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who is passionate about cloud security and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Have 7+ years of extensive experience in software engineering and architecture, with a proven track record of delivering innovative products and features.
- Possess a deep understanding of cloud technologies, software architecture and design patterns, and modern development practices.
- Able to drive the ideation, design, and delivery of technical solutions that meet customer needs and deliver business value.
- Have experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passionate about learning and keeping up with the latest trends and technologies in software engineering.
Our Tech Stack
Python, Golang, Typescript, React.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NoSQL, Kafka, SQS, Redis, Linux, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, AliCloud.
At Orca Security, we value the creativity and innovation of our Software Engineers and embrace diversity in technical expertise.
Therefore, we are open to considering candidates with a wide range of technical backgrounds and are not limiting our search to any specific technology stack.