Big Ideas. Real People
At Orca, in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, has quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So, if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod!
- High growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
Orca Security is building a challenging, interesting, and a high pace evolving product that is changing the cloud-security landscape. We are growing and looking for talented and motivated Backend Software Engineers to join our Security Applications group to build external exposure, web & API security products within Orca’s cloud security platform.
On a typical day, you'll:
- Develop our SaaS product, build robust data pipelines
- Write clean, stable, and adaptable code
- Efficiently diagnose and resolve software challenges
- Implement new requirements within our agile framework
- Ensure software meets business and tech requirements through testing
- Shape product design and architectural decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Deliver value to customers through code efficiency and active design participation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3-4 years of experience in backend engineering with a focus on Python
- 1+ years in end-to-end system development
- Strong grasp of software design principles, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, and algorithms
- Proficiency in micro-service architecture and cloud-native services
- Experience in SaaS product development
- Knowledge or experience in computer networking
- Familiarity with designing and implementing data-intensive systems (Advantage)
- Knowledge of Cyber Security domain (Advantage)
- Experienced with big data analysis e.g. Spark, AWS/Azure, Map Reduce, ElasticSearch (Advantage)