Software Engineer (Dev Tooling)Apply for this position
High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role
As a Software Engineer in Orca’s R&D Sustainability Team, you’ll play a central role in Orca’s efforts to enhance the developer experience. This position suits those ready to advance beyond their initial software development experience and dive into socio-technical challenges. If you’re passionate about the engineering process, this is for you.
On a typical day, you’ll
- Write and deliver high-quality Python software to improve our developer tools and systems.
- Lead key modules or features in larger projects, ensuring they meet our quality standards and are delivered on time.
- Advance our internal platform by focusing on progressive delivery, like feature flags, and building reliable software catalogs and build systems.
- Work closely with various teams to solve overlapping issues and create efficient solutions.
- Drive the automation of processes, particularly in onboarding developers and optimizing their environments.
- Continuously learn and apply new technologies and practices to enhance your skills and contribute to our team’s success. Expect mentoring along the way!
- 2-5 years of software development experience, especially in backend Python – Must.
- Your experience has given you a solid understanding of software development processes and tooling, including CI, automation, scripting, debugging, database setup, and source control.
- Experience with non-developer roles within R&D, such as a background in QA or Customer Success, is a plus.
- You have a sharp analytical mind, skilled at solving complex problems and finding innovative solutions. You can easily switch between detailed and big-picture thinking.
- Your strong communication skills enable effective collaboration within and across teams.
- You thrive in diverse and challenging environments and are adaptable to various tasks.
- Proactive in personal development, you’re always seeking to broaden your skill set.
Our Tech Stack
Python, Golang, Typescript, React.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NoSQL, Kafka, SQS, Redis, Linux, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, AliCloud.
At Orca Security, we value the creativity and innovation of our Software Engineers and embrace diversity in technical expertise. Therefore, we are open to considering candidates with a wide range of technical backgrounds and are not limiting our search to any specific technology stack.