Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high, have quickly earned us unicorn status, and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
We’re looking for driven and talented people like you to join our R&D team and our mission to change the future of cloud security. Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
- Fast growth: This company has momentum. It’s THE opportune time to join Orca Security.
- Disruptive technology: Orca Security completely changed the way cloud is secured and is leading a new approach of how security solutions should be built. It’s completely agentless and detects every important risk in the cloud environment down to the data layer. It’s fast, simple, and complete.
- Well-capitalized: Total funding is almost $630MM in less than 24 months. CapitalG, Redpoint, GGV, YL Ventures, and SVCI. SVCI is a syndicate of CISOs who invested their own money after careful due diligence.
On a typical day you'll:
An application security engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining security measures for software applications. This may include tasks such as:
- Reviewing and analyzing application code to identify and fix security vulnerabilities.
- Implementing security controls, such as encryption and authentication, to protect applications and data.
- Providing guidance and training to developers on secure coding practices.
- Conducting risk assessments and penetration testing to identify and address potential vulnerabilities.
- Responding to security incidents and working with the development team to implement appropriate remediation measures.
- Keeping up to date with the latest security trends and best practices, and staying informed about new vulnerabilities and threats.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Security or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience
- Knowledge of Scrum / Agile framework
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management across multiple departments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of risk management