Malware detection built for the cloud
Orca’s agentless SideScanning™ performs signature-based and heuristic malware scanning with no impact on cloud workloads to effectively detect and prioritize malware on AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Cloud malware detection with agents doesn’t work
For malware detection to be effective, cloud assets must be completely and regularly scanned without impacting performance. Agent-based solutions are resource intensive and don’t scale well in the cloud, allowing threats to go undetected.
Orca solves malware detection in the cloud
Orca’s agentless approach to cloud malware detection ensures complete and continuous coverage of 100% of your cloud estate with ZERO performance impact.
Set it and forget it. Orca provides complete malware coverage for your cloud assets with no impact on performance. Got devices that don’t support agents? No problem. Even idle, paused, and orphaned systems are covered.
- Orca’s agentless SideScanning technology examines cloud workloads for malware out-of-band, eliminating the performance impact and operational overhead of agents.
- Orca takes snapshots from outside of your running environment and scans cloud assets for malware so there’s no need to schedule downtime, no risk to operations, and no impact to data.
- Ensure continuous compliance with regulations and standards that require malware detection.
A multi-pronged approach to malware detection
Orca uses SideScanning in conjunction with a variety of malware detection techniques to locate known and potentially malicious code in your cloud workloads and resources, such as storage buckets.
- Signature-based scanning looks for file hashes (signatures) of known malware.
- Heuristic file analysis closely inspects files to determine their purpose, destination, and intent. For example, if a file’s only purpose is to delete specific files, it can be flagged as malware.
- Dynamic scanning executes a file in a controlled virtual environment to observe its actions. If the file behaves like malware there is a good chance that it is!
- Genetic signature detection uses previous malware definitions to discover malware within the same family.
Yes, Orca detects malware in the cloud
Supply Chain Platform
“If you work for a company that’s in the cloud, Orca Security provides you with a robust security visibility that is second to none.”
Software as a Service
Azure, AWS, GCP
“If you want to have the visibility of who is doing what on your cloud infrastructure and understand your security maturity level, get Orca.”