Since we integrated GPT-3 into the Orca Cloud Security Platform in January this year, we have not been sitting still at Orca. We are excited to share that we have now completed our transition to Azure OpenAI GPT-4, and announced our integration today at the Microsoft Azure OpenAI Launch Event. With this new Microsoft integration, our customers can benefit not only from the greatly improved functionality in GPT-4, but also from the security and enterprise support that Microsoft provides. In addition, we have added several new features and improvements to our ChatGPT implementation, which we’ll cover in more detail in this blog.
Why Azure OpenAI Service Versus OpenAI?
Azure OpenAI Service provides REST API access to OpenAI’s ChatGPT technology. Although it basically offers the same functionality as GPT-4, it offers the following benefits:
- Privacy of customer data submitted to the service:
- Customers control their data and the data is not shared with others
- Microsoft is transparent about where data is located and how it is used
- Data processing only happens with prior consent
- Microsoft secures data at rest and in transit
- Regulatory compliant (HIPAA, SOC2, etc)
- SLA: 99.9% uptime vs OpenAl that does not offer any guarantees
- Regional availability for lower latency and increased reliability
- Enterprise-level support and security of Azure
“We are pleased to work with Orca Security on their Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service integration,” said Dr. Tomer Simon, Chief Scientist, Microsoft Israel R&D Center. “The Azure OpenAI Service integration will help Orca customers accelerate remediation times and enhance their cloud security posture while knowing that Microsoft is providing the professional security and support that enterprises require.”
Accelerate MTTR with the Orca ChatGPT Integration
With Orca’s ChatGPT integration, security practitioners can instantly generate high-quality remediation instructions for each alert straight from the Orca Platform, greatly accelerating their Mean Time to Remediation (MTTR). Instructions can simply be copied and pasted into the relevant platform, such as CLI, Terraform, Pulumi, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cloud Development Kit, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Open Policy Agent, and configuration steps can easily be followed in a console. If more information is needed, users can ask ChatGPT follow up questions directly from the Orca Platform.
Generate custom remediation steps for many different platforms
The integration has already helped many Orca customers dramatically improve their MTTR and strengthen their cloud security postures.
“During incident response, seconds matter. Security operators at most firms struggle to build, let alone maintain runbooks that can keep up with the speed of business,” said Kathy Wang, CISO and Advisor. “Generative AI and LLMs offer proven relief for these teams, so they can remain focused on what matters while continuing to raise the bar on security. Orca’s continued use of AI to power remediation shows how it can benefit security teams.”Kathy Wang, CISO and Advisor
What Is the Value That Orca Adds to ChatGPT?
Of course, security practitioners and developers can also just ask ChatGPT directly to provide them with instructions on how to resolve cloud security issues. However, it is important to understand that the output can only be as accurate as the information entered into it. In addition, organizations should avoid inputting any sensitive information into ChatGPT since once entered, control over that data is lost. However, it’s easy to forget these things while trying to fix a security risk.
By using the Orca ChatGPT integration, teams do not need to concern themselves with these issues. The following list are the benefits of using ChatGPT through the Orca Platform, rather than the separate ChatGPT tool:
- Increased Efficiency: Process is greatly accelerated by automatically generating responses without requiring any manual entry.
- Improved Accuracy: Orca continually tests and optimizes the text prompts in order to generate the best responses.
- Ensured Privacy: All requests are anonymized, and any sensitive information is removed or masked before submitting to ChatGPT:
- All prompts are proxied via Orca’s backend and anonymized (no association to the organization or cloud account)
- All asset names, IDs and properties are replaced when building the prompt
- All sensitive data (like emails, domains, IPs, and more) are replaced by placeholders before sending to Azure OpenAI
- Original data is placed back in the responses received from Azure OpenAI
- Followup prompts are also sanitized using the same mechanism
Example of how Orca uses Azure OpenAI to generate CLI code for IAM remediation
Improved Accuracy of GPT-4 Versus ChatGPT
Some claim that GPT-4 is 10 times more advanced than GPT-3.5/ChatGPT, enabling the model to better understand context and distinguish nuances. What’s most relevant to the Orca integration, is that GPT-4’s programming capabilities have risen to a new level with its ability to generate code snippets, and a significant reduction of incorrect or biased responses. This means that the remediation commands that GPT-4 generates support more formats and are of higher quality.
What Else Is New in Orca’s GPT-4 Integration?
In addition to transitioning from GPT-3 to Azure OpenAI GPT-4, we have been working on further improvements to our integration, including:
- Prompt improvements to ensure further optimization of remediation responses
- New Open Policy Agent (OPA) remediation method
- ChatGPT remediation steps can be included in tickets when assigning cloud security issues in Jira.
- More cloud provider specific remediation methods, including AWS (CloudFormation and Cloud Development Kit (CDK)), Azure (Resource Manager), and Google Cloud (Deployment Manager).
Orca now includes the option to generate remediation steps for Open Policy Agent
About the Orca Cloud Security Platform
The Orca Cloud Security Platform identifies, prioritizes, and remediates risks and compliance issues across your cloud estate spanning AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, and Kubernetes. Leveraging its patented SideScanning technology, Orca offers comprehensive cloud security coverage detecting vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, lateral movement, API risks, sensitive data at risk, anomalous events and behaviors, and overly permissive identities. Instead of layering multiple siloed tools together or deploying cumbersome agents, Orca delivers complete cloud security in a single platform.
Learn More About Orca Security
Would you like to learn more about the Orca platform? Sign up to view a 10-minute recorded demo, or schedule a 1:1 demo with one of our experts. We also invite you to register for our upcoming webinar on May 11th, where our Orca AI and Machine Learning experts will be talking about ‘How To Use ChatGPT and AI in Multi-Cloud Security’.