Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim, have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
- High-growth: In just 4 years, we’ve reached milestones that take other companies a decade or more. We’ve doubled our employee count, tripled our customer count, and rapidly expanded our product capabilities.
- Disruptive innovation: Our founders saw that traditional security didn’t work for the cloud—so they set out to carve a new path. We’re relentless pioneers who invented agentless technology and continue to be the most comprehensive and innovative cloud security company.
- Well-capitalized: With a valuation of $1.8 billion, Orca is a cybersecurity unicorn dominating the cloud security space. We’re backed by an impressive team of investors such as Capital G, ICONIQ, GGV, and SVCI, a syndicate of CISOs who invest their own money after conducting their due diligence.
- Respectful and transparent culture: Our executives pride themselves on being accessible to everyone and believe in sharing knowledge with the employees. Each employee has a place in shaping the future of our industry.
About the role
We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced Tech Lead to join our CTO office Innovation team. As an Innovation Tech Lead, you will be responsible for leading and executing innovative projects from brainstorming phase to proof of concept or minimum viable product (MVP) while working closely with our development teams to take the projects from proof of concept to production. We value individuals who are hands-on technical leaders with strong technical capabilities, problem solvers, and flexible in understanding customer needs and prioritizing accordingly.
On a typical day, you’ll:
- Be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing innovative security solutions for our cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with the CTO and Innovation team to design, architect and deliver innovative products and features that address customer needs and drive business value.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, design, and engineering, to bring ideas from conception to delivery.
- Lead technical design and code reviews, ensuring that best practices are followed and that products are built to scale.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends, and explore their potential applications in the context of Orca’s products and services.
- Develop innovative security solutions to address potential risks and vulnerabilities in our customer’s cloud infrastructure.
- Design and implement security controls and mechanisms to protect our customer’s cloud infrastructure.
- Research and evaluate emerging cloud security technologies and tools.
- The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who is passionate about cloud security and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Have 7+ years of extensive experience in software engineering and architecture, with a proven track record of delivering innovative products and features.
- Possess a deep understanding of cloud technologies, software architecture and design patterns, and modern development practices.
- Able to drive the ideation, design, and delivery of technical solutions that meet customer needs and deliver business value.
- Have experience with Agile methodologies and project management tools, and can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, able to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Passionate about learning and keeping up with the latest trends and technologies in software engineering.
Our Tech Stack
Python, Golang, Typescript, React.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NoSQL, Kafka, SQS, Redis, Linux, AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, AliCloud.
At Orca Security, we value the creativity and innovation of our Software Engineers and embrace diversity in technical expertise. Therefore, we are open to considering candidates with a wide range of technical backgrounds and are not limiting our search to any specific technology stack.