Orca’s Context Engine:The Remedy for Alert Fatigue
Say goodbye to guesswork, false positives, and alert fatigue. Orca is the only vendor that effectively prioritizes risks and threats across your entire cloud estate by leveraging context-aware security intelligence to examine all potential attack paths.
GOT ALERT OVERLOAD?
Alert fatigue causes teams to miss critical issues
Security teams waste valuable time manually correlating high volume, low-risk alert data from multiple security tools. These alerts lack prioritization and actionable details leaving you to do all the heavy lifting.
Focus on the Few Alerts That Actually Matter
Orca’s context-aware engine separates the 1% of alerts that demand quick action from the 99% that don’t, enabling security teams to avoid alert fatigue and fix the truly critical security issues before attackers can exploit them.
See your environment from an attacker’s point of view
Attackers analyze your total attack surface, looking for the easiest and most direct routes to your crown jewels. They will use any vulnerability and relationship between assets to access their target.
- Orca’s graph-based visualization maps all your cloud assets and relationships from an attacker’s perspective so you can accurately assess your cloud security posture.
- Orca prioritizes risk based on the most likely attack vectors and paths to your vulnerable assets.
- A clear remediation plan with simple mitigation instructions integrates seamlessly within your existing workflow, improving your team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
How does Orca prioritize risk?
Unlike solutions that simply report on the severity of each siloed security issue, Orca’s multi-dimensional approach considers three crucial factors to prioritize risk:
- Severity: How severe is the underlying security issue? For example, what type of threat is it, how likely is it to be exploited, and what is the CVSS score?
- Accessibility: How easy is it for an attacker to access the asset that contains this issue? For example, is the asset public facing, or is there lateral movement risk?
- Business impact: How would the business be impacted if this asset was exploited? For example, is this asset critical to the company’s business, does it contain sensitive PII, or is it adjacent to one that does?
Attack path analysis
Orca uses Attack Path Analysis to identify dangerous risk combinations that potentially expose the company’s most valuable assets and utilizes an advanced algorithm to assign business impact scores to each path.
- By scoring and prioritizing attack paths, security teams can focus on a much smaller number of dangerous attack paths versus sifting through hundreds of siloed alerts.
- Each attack path is presented in a visual graph with contextual data on the relevant cloud entities (IAM, compute, storage, etc.) and the relations between them.
- For each attack path, Orca shows which risks need to be remediated to break the attack path, further prioritizing issues for remediation if they break multiple paths.
When is malware a critical security issue?
Does malware found in a powered-off VM warrant your immediate attention? No, better to focus on the malware-infected, internet-facing workload housing a secret key that unlocks sensitive data in an adjacent workload. Orca immediately surfaces those risks that are most critical along with their precise path to remediation.
Intelligence powered by context
Unlike existing CWPP and CSPM solutions, Orca’s context-aware engine unifies the intelligence collected from deep inside the workload with cloud configuration details to immediately surface risks and their root cause in a single platform.
- Analyze your cloud estate as it is – a web of interconnected resources – not a jumble of unrelated assets.
- Map relationships among individual assets throughout your cloud estate to create context-aware, prioritized alerts.
- Improve security effectiveness by eliminating the need to manually correlate alert data from disparate tools.
Orca Helps You Avoid Uncomfortable Conversations with Your Auditors
North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific
“We deployed Orca Security in seconds—literally. It took me less than three minutes to get a cloud environment up and running.”
AWS, GCP, Azure
“Anything that impacts development is going to be met with resistance. But with Orca SideScanning there is zero impact on systems. It’s also easy to use.”