Orca Security was recently named to the 2023 CRN Stellar Startups List, recognizing that our leading-edge cloud security platform creates lucrative opportunities for solution providers. And with good reason. In the competitive world of cloud consulting, delivering value quickly is essential. Orca Security, the industry-leading agentless cloud security solution, helps consulting firms achieve this goal by providing several advantages that can significantly accelerate the delivery of consulting services.
Delivering services to organizations looking to transition to the cloud or improve their existing cloud strategies, the expertise of cloud consultants is often essential in helping organizations make informed decisions, avoid common pitfalls, and maximize the benefits of cloud computing. An important part of this is advising clients on cloud security best practices and ensuring that cloud solutions comply with industry regulations and standards. This is where the Orca Cloud Security Platform comes in.
The Orca Cloud Security Platform
The Orca Cloud Security Platform identifies, prioritizes, and remediates risks and compliance issues across your cloud estate spanning AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, and Kubernetes – without the use of a single agent. Leveraging its patented SideScanningTM technology, Orca offers comprehensive cloud security coverage detecting vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, lateral movement, API risks, sensitive data at risk, anomalous events and behaviors, and overly permissive identities. Instead of layering multiple siloed tools together or deploying cumbersome agents, Orca delivers complete cloud security in a single platform.
The Orca Security Difference
Fast time to value, ease of operation and increased efficiency, while offering customization options if needed, are all reasons why Orca is a great choice for cloud consultants:
Rapid Deployment and Onboarding
Agentless solutions can be deployed in a matter of minutes, without the need to install and maintain agents on every cloud workload, nor does this approach impact the product environment. This frees up consultants’ time, allowing them to focus on more value-added activities such as assessment, analysis, and remediation.
Agentless solutions provide visibility into all cloud workloads, including dynamic solutions using ephemeral and transient workloads that may not be covered by agents. This enables consultants to gain a complete understanding of an organization’s cloud security posture, without any gaps or blind spots.
Built-in Compliance Frameworks
Orca Security offers a wide range of built-in compliance frameworks that can be used to assess an organization’s cloud security posture against industry standards and regulations. These frameworks can be used as-is or customized to meet the specific needs of a client. Many frameworks such as ISO and SOC require evidence to be collected. By leveraging Orca’s built-in compliance frameworks, consultants deliver high-quality compliance reporting that saves time and effort.
Immediate Value for Consultants
First 30 Days
By leveraging the benefits of agentless cloud security, consulting firms can deliver significant value to their clients in under 30 days. For example, a consultant using Orca Security could potentially achieve the following goals in a one-month engagement:
- Week 1: Conduct a comprehensive cloud security assessment for the client using Orca’s agentless capabilities.
- Week 2: Identify areas where deeper investigation, such as manual testing, is warranted. These follow-up investigations allow the partner additional opportunities to broaden their relationship with their customers.
- Weeks 3-4: Conduct ongoing monitoring and assessment work.
- Week 4: Produce and deliver a comprehensive findings report that includes a detailed GAP analysis covering the security risks identified, as well as recommendations for remediation. This report can even take advantage of Orca’s AI-powered remediation scripts to help clients automate the remediation process.
Focus on Higher-Value Activities
The comprehensive visibility provided by agentless cloud security solutions enables consultants to focus on higher-value activities. For example, instead of spending time gathering data, consultants can focus on analyzing data and providing insights to clients. Additionally, the ability to cover 100% of the customer’s infrastructure with an agentless solution, allows consultants to identify and address security risks that may have been missed by traditional agent-based solutions that due to partial deployment only cover 60-70%.
Create Additional Statements of Work
The output of an agentless cloud security assessment can be used to create additional statements of work (SOWs) for additional pull-through services such as remediation, architectural changes, new products, etc. By identifying security risks and providing remediation recommendations, consultants can demonstrate the value of their services and secure additional work from clients.
Capitalize on Orca’s Generative AI Features
Orca Security’s Gen AI features can be used to provide consultants with a more comprehensive understanding of their clients’ cloud security posture. These features include:
- Gen AI Cloud Asset Search: This module allows consultants to quickly and easily find specific assets in their clients’ cloud environments, even those that may not be covered by traditional security rules. This can be helpful for identifying assets that are not properly configured or that are storing sensitive data.
- Gen AI for remediation: Orca Security has integrated Azure OpenAI GPT-4, Amazon Bedrock, and Google Vertex AI into its Cloud Security Platform to enhance the remediation steps provided to customers. By fine-tuning these powerful language models with its own security data sets, Orca has been able to improve the detail and accuracy of its remediation steps. This allows consultants to provide their clients with much better remediation plans and assistance to optimally solve their issues as fast as possible.
Deliver Consulting Value with Orca Security
As the tip of the spear, agentless cloud security solutions can help consulting firms deliver significant value to their clients in a short period of time. By eliminating the need to install and maintain agents, consultants can free up their time to focus on providing value-added services. Additionally, the comprehensive visibility provided by agentless solutions enables consultants to identify and address security risks that may have been missed by traditional agent-based solutions.
Orca Security’s Gen AI features can further enhance the value that consultants can deliver to their clients. By using these features, consultants can gain a deeper understanding of their clients’ cloud security posture and provide them with more comprehensive and effective security solutions.
Interested in partnering with Orca? Contact us today!